Scammers are impersonating First Financial Bank Fraud department by spoofing our 800-511-0045 number to gain access to financial information.
- Caller gives a name and ID number
- Caller asks you to verify the number on your caller ID matches the number on the back of your debit card to legitimize the call
- Caller states you have an unauthorized debit on your account from Texas or Florida
- Caller then asks for your online banking username
- Caller tries to reset your password by having you share the text verification code sent to your phone
- Some callers are also asking for your Debit card number and PIN.
If the caller is successful, they may be able to access your online banking.
Your safety is important to us. First Financial Bank will never ask for your personal or account information via text message or over the phone. If you did share any information, please contact our Customer Contact center immediately at 800- 511-0045 to assist in securing your account(s).