Homes on the market are pre-built and may require changes after you move in. With a home construction loan or renovation loan, you can customize your home to get exactly what you want.
Build the home of your dreams.
Start your home buying journey here.
Use this quick guide to start your home buying journey.
- Choose a First Mortgage Expert and get prequalified
- Improve your credit score by holding off on major purchases
- Save for a down payment.
- Save for additional home buying costs such as home inspections, insurance, and deposits
- Find a realtor and start looking for homes!
- Gather necessary documents. View our Mortgage checklist
Construction to Permanent
A Construction to Permanent loan allows you to finance the construction of your home and converts into a permanent loan after you move in. You don’t have to pay the loan in full until the construction is complete.
- Requires a minimum credit score of 660 and low debt-to-income ratio (DTI) to qualify
- Requires a down payment
- Construction loans typically have a higher interest rate compared to a traditional mortgage
Home renovation loans are a smart way for homeowners to finance their entire home improvement project. This type of loan gives homeowners credit based on the “after renovation” value so you can turn a fixer upper into a customized home, for less.
- Renovation loans allow you to finance more than a home equity loan or other personal loan
- You can expect to make the same or fixed monthly payment for your renovation loan
- Home is used as collateral on the loan
- Home improvement loans typically have a max DTI (debt-to-income ratio) of 36%. Keep this in mind when considering all your options
Already have a construction loan with us?
Login to your account here for funding.
Mortgage loans subject to credit approval. Other restrictions may apply. Mortgage loan programs, rates, terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.