Check & ACH Positive Pay
Positive Pay is a verification service that helps businesses identify and report fraudulent and unauthorized payments. First Financial has Positive Pay services for both checks and ACH*.
Check Positive Pay – Help prevent check counterfeits and alterations. Check serial numbers, amounts and payees are matched against a company-prepared issue file. You will receive email alerts when suspect transactions are presented and make pay or return decisions with our easy to use online tool.
ACH Positive Pay – Help prevent unauthorized electronic transactions by receiving email alerts when a suspect transaction is presented and make pay or return decisions with our easy-to-use online tool. You may also establish and manage a list of acceptable payments by originator and amount.
IBM® Security Trusteer Rapport® Software
Software that complements your antivirus and firewall software to help protect your login credentials, online communications and transactions.
A feature of Business Online Banking that can help you segregate duties and manage user access for any payment or administration function. Helps prevent: Wire fraud, ACH payments fraud, Employee embezzlement, Account enrollment/takeover.
A valuable component of Business Online Banking allowing an authorized representative to complete an outgoing payment up to a specified amount. Helps prevent or limit: Wire fraud, ACH payments fraud, Employee embezzlement, Account enrollment/takeover
Fraud Prevention Tips
Experience shows that it is not a matter of “if” your business will be impacted by fraud; it is a matter of when. External and internal threats exist, but most fraud is occupational, or employee fraud. This is a crime of opportunity often caused by a lack of internal controls. First Financial wants to help you stay in business and we have the products and expertise you need today to help prevent fraud.
Outlined here are the top business fraud prevention tips to help you protect your business assets:
- Proactively assess potential fraud risks, assigning ownership for oversight and accountability
- Establish an appropriate tone promoting ethical behavior and deterring wrongdoing
- Create a culture of honesty, openness, and assistance
- Conduct background checks on potential new hires and conduct fraud awareness training
- Implement dual controls and/or separate key functions and duties
- Require rotation of job duties and mandatory vacations
- Utilize internal audits and “surprise” audits
- Monitor employees and implement a fraud hotline or other reporting mechanisms
- Create a “perception of detection” and an expectation of punishment for fraudulent behavior
* ACH subject to credit approval.